Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Very Long Overdue

I'm sorry that I am so bad at blogging. I just have all the links to my friends and my crafty blogs that I forget that I need to update mine too.

What has happened since the last time I posted. Alot actually, but how do I fit it all in. Well lets start with Mike and I. We just hit our 10 month mark, exciting. We are still loving being married. We really wish that we could see more of each other, but I try to keep myself busy doing crafts and sewing and such things. Needless to say I eat alot and go out to my parents alot. They sure are great to let me use their washer and dryer though. Thanks mom! Mike and I got back from vegas the first of the month. We went down the the nascar race, Mike is a big, big race fan. We also went and saw the World of Outlaws. So much fun. I got dirt in places that I never new that I could get dirt. While in Vegas we went to the wax museum and shopping, didn't have much time for anything else though. Just a weekend getaway. We were actually the guests of the day that the Hilton Garden Inn that we stayed at. That was exciting. We got a bag full of goodies.

Some not such good news. Mike's dad has been in and out of the University of Utah Hospital with heart troubles. Just before Valentine's Day Mike's mom called us and asked if we would go check on Mike's dad. He had pneumonia for a month and just wasn't getting better. We get there and he is not looking good at all. We drove him down to Ogden Regional. We found out there that his heart was only working at 10% and his blood pressure was throught the roof trying to compensate. He was life flighted down to U of U were his heart doctors were. He is home now, they put a defibulator on his chest that will give him a shock if his heart changes its beats. They are planning on putting a pump in him that will give him a constant pump, which means that he will no longer have a pulse. Weird to me, but if it will help keep him with us until he can get a heart transplate then it will be worth it. He has been so strong through all of this. Mike's mom is just amazingly strong and courageous. I don't know how I would deal with all of this.

Having this happen has made the family come together so much. We have all realized how important family is and not to take anything for granted. I love Mike so much and am so proud of everything that he does the help his family.

I guess that it is all for now. I will try to be better and post some pictures of our trip and my family. My neices and nephews are growing so big.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for posting!!!! Now you just have to make sure to do it again, sooner rather than later :)

    ReplyDelete